Nonprofit Business Model Series: Part 3 - The Foundation Funded Nonprofit
October 18th, 2018
2:00–3:30 PM EST
Duration: 90 minutes
Speakers: Claire Knowlton
Guest Faculty, Claire Knowlton of Nonprofit Finance Fund, guides participants through the realities of succeeding with foundation funding. She emphasizes building strong relationships with funders as well as presenting full costs while limiting restrictions on spending as much as possible.
Each 90-minute session in the series explores the unique qualities and nuances of the core funding type in a nonprofit business model:
- DYNAMICS: key definitions and structural realities of the funding type.
- CAPITAL: how the funding type draws on and contributes to various forms of organizational capital.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: what staffing, systems, and other forms of organizational infrastructure are essential to managing this funding type well.
- LEADERSHIP: the skills and mindsets necessary among executive leadership and board members to develop and sustain this kind of funding.
- CULTURE: the impact on organizational culture when this funding type is one of an organization's primary funding streams.
- METRICS: typical ways of measuring and reporting on effectiveness with this funding type.
- DIVERSIFICATION: how to think about evolving an organization's business model to include this funding type.
More from this Series
Nonprofit Business Model Series: Part 2 - The Government Contracted Nonprofit